Search This Blog

Monday 27 December 2010

Thus Spoke Selene


And next, sweet voiced Mouses, daughters of Zeus, well- skilled in song, have told of me the long-winged moon. From my immortal head a radiance is shown from heaven and embraces earth; and great is the beauty that arises from my shining light. The air, unlit before, glows with the light of my silver crown, and my rays beam clear, whensoever I, bright Selene, having bathed my lovely body in the waters of Okeanos, and donned my far-gleaming, shining team, drive on my long-maned horses at full speed, at eventime in the mid-month; then my great orbit is full and then my beams shine brightest as I increase. So I am a sure token and a sign to mortals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.