Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 March 2011

To Invoke Bakkhos


Recite whilst sacrificing Dionysian aromas,

You I call, loud-sounding and divine, fanatic god, a two-fold shape is yours. Ο ΒΑΚΧΟΣ, I adore you and you I invoke! Your various names and attributes I sing, O first-born, thrice begotten, bacchic king. Ο ΒΑΚΧΟΣ, I adore you and you I invoke! Rural, ineffable, two-formed, obscure, two-horned, with ivy crowned, euion, pure. Ο ΒΑΚΧΟΣ, I adore you and you I invoke! Bull-faced, and martial, bearer of the vine, endued with counsel prudent and divine. Ο ΒΑΚΧΟΣ, I adore you and you I invoke! Triennial, whom the leaves of vines adorn, of Zeus and Semele occultly born. Ο ΒΑΚΧΟΣ, I adore you and you I invoke! Immortal daimon, hear my suppliant voice, give me in blameless plenty to rejoice. Ο ΒΑΚΧΟΣ, I adore you and you I invoke! And listen gracious to my mystic prayer, surrounded with thy choir of nurses fair. Ο ΒΑΚΧΟΣ, I adore you and you I invoke!

Holding up high the incense brazier face the east, look up to the heavens and chant ΕΥΟΙ Ο ΙΟ ΒΑΚΧΟΣ. Look to the earth and chant ΕΥΟΙ Ο ΙΟ ΒΑΚΧΟΣ. Look within yourself and chant ΕΥΟΙ Ο ΙΟ ΒΑΚΧΟΣ. Turn clockwise to the south and chant ΕΥΟΙ Ο ΙΟ ΒΑΚΧΟΣ. Turn clockwise to the north and chant ΕΥΟΙ Ο ΙΟ ΒΑΚΧΟΣ. Turn anti-clockwise to the west and chant ΕΥΟΙ Ο ΙΟ ΒΑΚΧΟΣ. Turn anti-clockwise to the east and chant ΕΥΟΙ Ο ΙΟ ΒΑΚΧΟΣ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.